Quote Originally Posted by Darl-Wilson View Post
Vehicle transactions between private parties are NOT taxed in Nevada. Lew and Joe's buses fit that category. I bought my coach in Florida and only paid 5 bucks for a 30 day permit to bring it home. Also, Nevada does not have any income tax. There are other advantages to living here or making Nevada your home base. I only paid a little over $400.00 for my plates on a $250k Prevost. Nevada doesn't have the Prevost MH listed so mine is based on some other Country Coach model.

Oh Tom, BTW, welcome to the POG!! You will get lots of help here from some great people. Another thing to remember is that this bunch thrives on exchanging information about maintaining their coaches so most of the member's equipment is in good condition and deserves consideration for a purchase.

Good Luck (a Nevada thing)

Darl
Oregon has many conditions if you want to be a resident of that state, while Nevada seems to be much more open.

Nevada Revised Statutes 483.141 “Resident” defined.
1. “Resident” includes, but is not limited to, a person:
(a) Whose legal residence is in the State of Nevada.
(b) Who engages in intrastate business and operates in such a business any motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer, or any person maintaining such vehicles in this state, as the home state of such vehicles.
(c) Who physically resides in this state and engages in a trade, profession, occupation or accepts gainful employment in this state.
(d) Who declares himself to be a resident of this state to obtain privileges not ordinarily extended to nonresidents of this state.

While oregon has these conditions.

If you are uncertain whether you qualify for an Oregon Driver License, ID Card, or Oregon Vehicle Registration, ask yourself the following questions:

* Do I remain in Oregon for a consecutive period of six months or more each year?
* Have I enrolled my children in an Oregon public school without payment of nonresident tuition fees?
* Do I pay Oregon resident tuition fees at an educational institution maintained by public funds?
* Have I made a declaration to be a resident of Oregon for the purpose of obtaining, at resident rates, a state license (other than an Oregon Driver License)?
* Is Oregon listed as my home of record in my military records?
* Do I pay resident income taxes to the state of Oregon?

So I think that nevada will be the next resting place, hopefully not the last.

Tom