Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flying J's

OK, so the new deal at Flying J is that you have to spend at least ten Lewbucks a month in the store to get the discount. Not every time you stop.

http://www.flyingj.com/programs/rvclub.cfm

So basically the card is now only good to turn on the pump. I can live with that.

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Today, 4/19/08 I used a Visa card at the truck pumps at the Flying J in Wytheville, VA.
    I did go inside and used the Visa in conjunction with the RV "Real Value Club card issued by flying J. I recieved a cash discount of $4.02. on 67.072 gallons.
    Bill for 67.072 gallons at $4.059/gal= $272.25 less $4.02 = $268.23.
    Accordingly, $3.99/gal (cash price). I did buy a couple of brushes there last week to use to wash the coach while at the rally. Rained today on the way home!

Clerk said they had been honoring Visa at the truck island for the last couple of weeks.

All you folks probably knew this and were just letting me figure it out for myself.
    Last edited by Jim_Scoggins; 04-19-2008 at 06:33 PM.

lewpopp Guest

Jim,

Are you trying to prove to us that the Visa card is good for the truck island as it wasn't before? If that is the case here, good, but as for the discount, the 4 cents discount you received was not because of the RV card, everyone gets the discount as long as you don't charge it like some truckers do.

I think I figured your post out. Have I? In the past the RV card would get you 5 cents discount, but no more.

Thanks Jim, sounds like they're back with Visa and the value card gets you the cash price. What many people don't understand, the truckers do charge their fuel, but use industry fuel cards such as Comdata, Power Card, CSA, etc. Payments in cash now days I would think are rare.

The fleet cards do offer incentives and discounts to the trucking companies based on volume, although those discounts are slim these days. Trucking fleets don't use Visa, M/C, Am Ex, etc. for fuel.

Jim_Scoggins Guest

lewpop:
    You got it--can use the Visa at the truck pumps.