Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Featherlite???

Depending on the constructon of your Doors and the header above the door, the opening may be able to be modified by a Contractor without a lot of cost.
    If your door is a roll up, it may be modified by adding another tier of panels.
    Lowering the approach may be the best answer if it does not change your drainage.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

rff105 Guest

We had the same problem with the 13' doors. We raised the head 8" and replaced 4 of the panels with 2" higher ones.
    KVH does have a new low profile satellite system at MSRP $3k you might want to look at as an option vs cost of mods to you door (See link). Make sure nothing else is going to hit though if you go to that expense. We also had an issue with clearance at the rear of a garage because it sloped down at the back, some joist needed modified to get the sat to clear. Don't forget about the weather stripping in your calculation, every inch will count.

http://www.kvh.com/products/Product.asp?id=92

Our coach is exactly 13' 4 1/2" at the top of the domes at normal operating height yours is likely to be the same. If you do remove your original sat you will likely need some roofing done i think the older sats are sunk into the roof according to the spec drawings.
    Last edited by rff105; 04-08-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks for all the info. We did lower the coach as much as possible but it wasn't enough. The contractor who built the garage is supposed to come by tomorrow and give us his input. My husband would like build another bay on the end exclusively for the coach but that will mean losing some huge oaks, some site work and an extension to the driveway. That certainly would be the most expensive solution other than his proposal to buy a lot and build another building. I would like to keep the coach at the house so I'm not voting for that one. I'll keep you posted.

We have a call in to the service department of Featherlite to see if they can install the KVH low-profile satellite system. I'd rather they do it so it ties in with all the other electronics. The KVH website says this comes with its own receiver so I don't want things to get all messed up. The guy we need to talk to will be back tomorrow. This could solve our problems if it can be done. Thanks.

rff105 Guest

We have a similar low profile sat on our van from KVH, and the in motion reception is much worse then the big sat on our coach. I am not sure if it is the 6' height diffrence or the sat its self is to blame. Although when stoped they both are equal as long as you don't have trees or other obstructions.

Sounds as if we need to check into that. Does anyone out there have the KVH TracVision A7 installed on a coach and, if so, how is the reception while in motion? Thanks.

bwalz Guest

We have had 1 Country Coach and 2 Featherlite Prevosts. The customer service on the Featherlites dwarfs the service from Country Coach.

Featherlite has advised us that they've had problems with the TracVision A7 and that the customer service is (to put it politely) not what it used to be. I guess we're going with some kind of garage modification. We know we can rework one of the doors to get the bus in but husband wants it in the end bay to lessen chance of damage. Haven't gotten quote yet on adding new bay. We might have to sell the dog.