Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to a New Member

Our favorite part of our entire Alaska trip was BY FAR the Marine Hwy. I wrote a series of articles for BCM on it. If there's enough interest on the boards, I guess I could post them in an Alaska Marine Hwy thread? Let me know if you all think people would be interested. If not, I can PM them to whoever wants.

Doreen, I think many of the POGers would be interested. We've had several discussions about the Alaska subject. Please post on this thread or start a new one. Thanks for all your input, and don't pay any attention to Jon, he's harmless. Well, almost.

Could you post a link for the BCM articles?

Thanks,

Sigh.........It looks like I will have to explain why Doreen needs to add Proctology to her bona fides.

If she is going to hang around with this bunch very much she is going to be dealing with crazy a--holes. Oh never mind. If I have to explain it it wasn't worth it.

Doreen, ignore what they say about me. You and I are the only sane ones here.

QueenOfTheRoad Guest

Oh, Jon.

If you're including me in the "sane" catagory... well, let's just say that doesn't bode well for your mental health.

Darl -

I'll be happy to post. Give me a few days - I'm on a deadline with copyediting my book.

Loc -
    Forget to say "thank you!" for the lovely comments on my BCM articles! I'd always pictured burley guys coming across my little Queen of the Road column, shaking their heads in disgust and paging right by. It's nice to know I have A fan!

Hello Queen...

Enjoyed your web site and blog. Sounds like quite an adventure and well worth the read.

A caution about full-timing.

When we retired 6 years ago, we saw living full time in a coach as the perfect way to travel the country and decide where we ultimately wanted to build or buy a home. A place to "retire to".

Although we have contemplated just such a move, we simply can't give up the lifestyle just yet.

Just be prepared to find full-timing so much fun as time goes by that you just might have a problem giving it up....

Best of luck with the book and your future adventures.

QueenOfTheRoad Guest

Faithful Subjects, Paul and Janice:

Thanks so much!

I know what you mean - Tim and I so loved our year-long adventure (which we refer to as "the bus thing"). Then, we went away for 5 months this winter. We just got back last week and have been SO depressed having to live in a stationary home. Our goal now is for Tim (aka Project Nerd: Domestic Superhero) to fix up the house (as a monarch, I simply cannot chance a broken nail) and sell it in 2-3 years and just live in the bus until... ?

I think once you've had bus, you can't go back.

QueenOfTheRoad Guest

Darl and anyone else interested in AK -

I just posted my first Alaska article in that thread you mentioned. It felt weird posting such a long post, so let me know if you think it's helpful and if I should post any of the (gulp!) next 16.

Sorry it took me a bit of time to get to. It's been crazy, but I just found out today that my book is going to be one of Borders Book Club picks for June!

I'm going to go polish my tiara, now.