Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Newbie Question

I'm glad to see there are other anal folks. When you guys all get done polishing your window glass to get those funny little spots out, I have some slack adjusters that need polishing.

Hey Lee, I tried Ted's magic potion with the same results, but I didn't buy as much as Sticky, Mango and Jdub.

***Water Spot Removal Update***

Not sure why I am obsessed with getting these spots off but it may be because they are the only exterior "blemish"...who knows. My wearhouse bus storage neighbor who is a Liberty owner says he can not see them to begin with. Luckily they are only on a couple of the windows becuase this turned out to be a lot of work. So after reading the input here and surfing the web for hours on this subject I decided to try today what I could get my hands on at the local stores. There are some reccomendation in this thread that I am going to try as well to finish up.

Now for the list of what I purchased (or tried to purchase) and tried....

Eagle One Window Polish
    Rain X Glass Polish
    Corn Starch and Water
    Mothers Wax Clay Bar
    Vinegar and Water
    Bar Keepers Friend (powder)
    Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover
    Bring - It - On (could not find this one)
    Griots Garage Stuff (could not find this one)
    Oxyclean (did not use)
    CLR (calcium lime remover...got this at Wal Mart)
    Lime Away

So I tried all but 3 on this list. The only thing that I was able to remove them with was the CLR. I mixed 50% water and 50% CLR using a #00 synthetic steel wool and slowly worked MOST of them out but it took a lot of scrubbing. Before going large scale I tried all of these on small areas that would not be too obvious if it created a problem. There are some left over spots that are barely noticable for the most part that I need to use a buffer of some sort on with some of the compounds mentioned earlier in this thread.

Just thought I would share.

This is great!

POG has all these NOOB's, and like Me-and-my-bus, they are out there trying and learning. And taking the time to pass on this knowledge to the group. Collectively we are gaining mass at an incredible rate and soon there won't be a single Prevo issue we can't answer.

Good work troops.

Mike
    Last edited by MangoMike; 03-01-2008 at 09:44 PM.

As long as we are talking about polishing things on buses, who knows what cleaning products and equipment are needed to bring back the ACRYLIC PROTECTIVE SHIELD ON THE FOR FRONT OF THE COACH ????

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Try a product for bringing back yellowed headlight bezels I've seen that on part store shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Try a product for bringing back yellowed headlight bezels I've seen that on part store shelves.
    Great Lead Joe. Here is what I have found: Your key word yellowed headlight bezels made it easy.

Brazilian #1 yellow carnauba for superior. shine and protection. .

Link: http://www.gtglass.com/product_detail/6.html

Link: http://www.autogeek.net/headlight-le...FQSqlgod3B61yQ

Link: http://www.mdwholesale.com/

Again thanks for the help.

Bruce

I was at Pep Boys picking up my "stuff" for the windows and I saw two kinds of polish for restoring headlight lenses and taking the yellow out. I do not remember the names of them.

On another note I used 3M high performance wash and clean wax on the front rock protector and it shined it right up. I picked that up at Autozone I believe. It was about $16 if I remember correctly. I applied it using one of the red Mother's foam power ball things you can attach to your drill. Also available at WalMart or Autozone. Cheaper at Walmart.

Bruce,

Jim Keller had a shield that was sitting in the garage for a few years and looked bad. He polished the shield and it looks like new. I can't remember what he told me he used, but he will probably be back on the forum on Monday morning, or you can send him a private message.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Bruce,

Jim Keller had a shield that was sitting in the garage for a few years and looked bad. He polished the shield and it looks like new. I can't remember what he told me he used, but he will probably be back on the forum on Monday morning, or you can send him a private message.
    Thanks Dale, I would love to know. My shield looks brand new, but it is faded, has no cracks, nothing. It would really make a big visual improvement to get it cleaned up.

Bruce