Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X-12 Wrench Purchase

Not a chance Ted. The man that is the absolute expert on this area is Nick Hessler. He is an advertiser, he has done seminars at our rallies and he is the master on things that have little electrons running around in them.

I couldn't hold an LED to him.

"I couldn't hold an LED to him."

Yea, right. Won't fly. And, we all know you don't like LEDs so that's a lame excuse. So, any chance of Brother Hessler showing up come April? I hate to buy all this high $ equipment and not be able to use it and I quit reading instructions years ago when the people that write them have English as a third language.

Lightbulb

He's scheduled to be there Ted

Thanks, Jim. We'll just settle for second best.

dreamchasers Guest

Default Thanks

After looking over the responses, I think the best approach for me is the X-12, at least for the shout term. So, I called TIA Products to discuss the purchase and asked if their company offered discounts to groups. I explained that I was new member of the Prevost Owners Group and the group membership were individuals that were interested in preforming their own maintenance. And that members were owners of Prevost Motor Coaches, which all had wheels that the X-12 was designed to remove. After chatting with Mr. Bob Mull, owner of the company, he stated that his company would offer a $99.00 discount to members of the Prevost Owners Group for purchase of the X-12. His website states a price of $619.00, so with the discount applied, the adjusted price is $520.00. He stated that when the order is made, the purchaser should identify himself as a Prevost Owners Group Member and remind the rep taking the order of the discount. Bob resides in Asheville, NC (A very nice man to chat with on the phone.) and is available for X-12 issues or questions at his cell #828-242-7992. His website is http://www.times12.com/wrench.htm.

I am not sure of the website protocol, but would this qualify as a sponsored link on the Prevost Owners Group website. It does represent a savings for members.

Thanks again,

Hector

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Good job Hector. Attaboy is definitely in order here.

dreamchasers Guest

Default Change of Heart or Wallet

After looking over the China offering from Harbor Freight, I have decided to go for the 1 inch impact. It seems like the "manly thing" to do.

As stated, for the same dollar I would spend on the X-12 wrench, I could buy an impact, plus more toy tools.

Thanks for the feedback. Newbies need guidance.

Hector

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Hector I own one and have gotten great performance out of it for over 10 years now. If you up the hose diameter and turn up the compressor limit to it's max 145lbs. you can run one off a compressor like this.

My Bus 135.jpg

Also I have also learned that any of the "Pittsburgh Forge" wrenches and hand tools in the Harbor Freight catalog to be of S/K or Craftsman quality. The prices are so cheep one is reluctant to purchase any at first but they are a great buy.