Thread: Good Flying Today

Hybrid View

Well we know Jerry is a southern flyer.

Northern flyers consider a good day when there was no ice and it stayed above minimums until we got it back down onto the ground.

POG was supposed to be about buses. I think that theory has gone down the tubes. It is a bunch of former NYers who will sit around swapping lies about flying.

Or maybe we just form a POG chapter and call it POG POOP.

Of course after I posted this the Flying forum miraculously popped up......

And truk4u had it right. All the guys who flew over there go somewhere every weekend to eat, so with $3.00 avgas, it was a $45 hamburger for me. I am more the cross country flyer, so it was just a nice diversion from being in the hanger doing my best WWJD, what-would-Jon-do, imitation whilst cleaning the hanger up from my Scout maintenance (see photo) when the hoard of RV'ers descended on me and forced me to pull the V tail out. I am sure they just wanted something to add some class to their gaggle

You guys need to post some photos of your planes or former planes in Ken's case
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hope you are coming to the POG rally and towing the Scout. I want to see it.

This is the baby in the family

Here's the real one.

Well I think we are going to be able to make it to the POG rally. We had a company / customer function that weekend, but it got rescheduled, so it may be a go. Although it is almost 1000 miles from Houston to Polk City and the driving time shows to be +/-15 hours, to miss the inaugural event would be a shame. And since part of my enjoyment in life is having fun at the expense of others, this seems like a perfect setting. Right Lew?

And as I need to get my wife to drive part of the way and don't figure we will need a toad for two days of hanging out, we will most likely leave the Scout and the H3 at the house and hopefully someone who drove 2 hours to get there will take pity on us and drive us around if need be.

Well by the time I typed the post above, Jon had already posted the sweet airplane photos.

The paint on the 150 looks pretty new. Ever have to change out the clutch on the starter? I learned to fly in a 150 and it was a great plane. Until in inadvertantly spun it doing take off and departure stalls by myself

Now the 210 is the rig. Does the radar still work? I have only had NEXRAD in the cockpit for 8 months and I don't know how I flew IFR without it. I have been well pleased with XM Weather. Do you have any panel shots?

Here are my before and after, but the after is not current.

I bought the 150 about 1 1/2 years ago as a toy and it is Jamestown, NY with my son-in-law now while he gets his instrument rating in it.

The 210 has been my workhorse and has RDR160 color radar, Strikefinder, is certified for known ice, and has AC. I have perfect timing in that I redid the entire panel in 1996 just before the Garmin revolution.

It has dual KX165s, a KLN90B, ADF, dual HSI, dual Transponder with the #1 being the new style King digital. Everything works. I get XM through my 396 so if I am dumb enough to tangle with a thunderstorm I better quit flying.

I've put about 2800 hours on it. I'm now flying it LOP after 18 years of ROP.