Quote Originally Posted by rff105 View Post
I just checked our new "used" coach that is still listed on Featherlite's website as a 2006. On the actual vehicle title the "year" is listed as 2006 but the date issued is 4/27/05 and i have found some documentation from the original owner that looks like he took delivery in May of 2005. The Prevost manufacture date on the chassis plaque in the engine bay says July 2004.

I hope that some day when we go to trade this coach in or sell it they are still so liberal on their model year dates. 2006 seems like a stretch to me. I guess buyer beware.
I know it seems a stretch but I think that this is pretty much an industry wide tactic. Usually anything from April till the end of the year is a next year's model. Look at the converters now. They are selling units as 2008 when the shell was built maybe the end of 2006. We are in 2007 but it will be titled 2008. The same thing applies to your bus. Built in 2004. Delivery taken April 2005. Titled as 2006. Done everyday in the bus and RV world. I would not worry one bit when it comes to selling it. Anyone who knows anything knows how the game is played. When I sell mine I am selling a 2008 but everyone knows I bought it probably in 2007 and the shell could be as old as late 2006 or early 2007. When you sell yours you will be selling a 2006 regardless of everything else. You will be fine.