Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: National Rally V

lewpopp Guest

Jim Kellor,

Lester is still there. I thought Ken Robertson closed up. do you know the name of the company? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lewpopp View Post
    Jim Kellor,

Lester is still there. I thought Ken Robertson closed up. do you know the name of the company? thanks
    Lew, The company is still called Ken Robertson R V and it is still open and doing business in the same location as far as I know. The phone number I gave you is the same number they had before and you can contact Lester at that number or on his email. He is a great guy with a lot of knowledge in the industry. I have used him for electronic issues as well as mechanical.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Default National Rally

Hello POGgers,

Interesting reading all of the posts regarding a National Rally. It's not often that a thread gets 7 or 8 pages of posts. It would be hard to put up an argument against any of the points, Summer '08 v waiting til '09. Would the sponsors come, would they not, Do we need them, do we not, etc. I think our sponsors and our tech people are important, and a ralley is better if they are in attendence. But these rallys don't happen by themselves and one thing I HAVE NOT SEEN here is someone stepping forward to chair the rally, or get a group of co-chairs. In planning POG III Ray, Mike, and I had no less than 6 sitdown together brainstorming sessions, phone calls back and forth to Skiffer, e-mails and phone calls back and forth to Mooney, to Buckhorn, the golf course, etc. The "to do" list for a rally this size is huge. And you need people to step up and help. GaryD took care of the golf, Warren and Kelly Jo helped out with their smoker at BBQ night, Harry and Shirley helped out at California Cocktail night, some of you helped out as presenters, and some of you just plain helped out.

The daily schedule was the hardest thing, getting the tech topics, and then the presenters. Another challenge was what to do for the people who don't want to go to the tech seminars. A luncheon, shopping, art walk, a trip to a spa, whatever. This all takes a lot of time and planning.

Frankly it might already be to late for a summer '08 rally. Places fill up fast for the summer months. So if we're talking '09, someone has to step up right now. When you charge $350 or more in rally fees, and figure $1000 or more just for fuel back and forth, you have to have a great program in place. And the time to start is now.

That's my .02 worth.

Ken