Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: National Rally V

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

There is a fellow on busnuts, Sean Welsh, that did one and a pretty good job of it too.

He was featured in bus conversions mag on one of last years issues.

They full time it and have a pretty good blog going as well.

It is approx. 1700 miles from SouthernCalifornia to South Dakota, maybe a little less from Northern California , Oregon, and Washington. The question ;
    Is there anyplace closer which would accomodate POGGERS from all over the country?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Exclamation How About

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    It is approx. 1700 miles from SouthernCalifornia to South Dakota, maybe a little less from Northern California , Oregon, and Washington. The question ;
    Is there anyplace closer which would accomodate POGGERS from all over the country?
    Dale and Jan's Farm!

Gary: Drawing lines from Maine to San Diego and Seattle to Florida puts the center about Kansas. Unless you are into wheat, corn or soybeans that would not be a good choice. East and West seperate rallys sounds like one solution, but I think one main rally where we all get together will reap the best rewards for all. It does mean lots of miles, but that's why we own busses, to travel. It is easier for us retireds to get the time to do it, so I'll let you working family folks do the deciding and we will be there.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali

dalej Guest

Gary, I can see your point about the miles. I think at this point of the rally planning, we need to suggest some RV Parks that can handle the 50+ bus's that POG will grow to.

Tom, Nancy, Bill, Jody and I have stayed at the mentioned park in SD and like it. We just can't wait to long to book somthing for a rally of this size.

Kerrville was perfect but I don't want to always go back to the same area each time.

Before we get all spun up on this, how about a moment to reflect.

We have two rallies planned for the spring and I am all for a "national" rally since these two are kind of east and west. We have also been on a more or less 6 month rotation as well, so this September date seems a bit early.

I would rather we had one big rally vs the east-west thing in the future and that we put the time into finding a great spot, lining up the best technical resources, get some spousal entertainment / functions planned and give folks the time to block the dates out.

This sounds like a good place, but it was the only one suggested and I would suggest we take some time to reflect on some options rather than ready, fire, aim a location which is exactly what we are doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post

I would rather we had one big rally vs the east-west thing in the future and that we put the time into finding a great spot, lining up the best technical resources, get some spousal entertainment / functions planned and give folks the time to block the dates out.
    JDUB does have a way of getting to the point and we agree with an annual rally concept for the same reasons. The other consideration is location and it seems we can easily make choices that are much less than a 2000 mile drive for all. As a start, Spearfish fits the criteria very well.

Default My .02

Well here is my 2 cents...

While still working, its pretty tough to make 1700 + mile trips, as it works out for us it takes up about two weeks, rally included. And all that driving is through a lot of places I would love to take the time to check out as opposed to driving until the white lines run together, and not shutting down the Detroit for several days!

When we get full on retired in a few years, it will be great to be able to go to all the rallies, and actually get time to enjoy the trip, and stop and see all the nice folk along the way.

Until then, hearing someone mention a place like Pahrump, that can be reached in 4 or 5 hours sure sounds good!

To be clear, I don't feel left out or anything, its just logistics, and I know when that nasty "work" word goes away we will be dialed in for sure!!

dalej Guest

I'm in favor of a national rally only. Since the two are planned for this spring, lets do a fall rally in the fall of 08 and every fall after that. We will get enough bus's on a annual basis to keep the attendance high enough to keep the the sponsors coming.

I personaly like the second full week of Sept since the weather is still nice enough through out the contry for people to make it.

dalej Guest

Logistically, I would like to see the rallies held along I-40, I-20 or I-10 in the southern part of the
    country somewhere close to the middle. Just seems the bus’s in FL and southern CA would’ t mind the
    trip as bad.

Dallas, TX and Spearfish, SD are the same distance for me.