Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Big Deal Prevost Car 08 Rally?

Well, it's coming soon. If all goes well I will be picking up a 2002 XL2 Marathon on October 8-9th. (just in time to miss POG4). Still have not seen the coach in person, but have looked at a thousand pictures. Am heading out to Dallas on October 8th, and have agreed with seller, that if all is as advertised, I will finish the paperwork there, and take delivery on the 9th.

Thanks to JPJ for hooking me up with Tommy Spirito on the financing. That worked wonderfully well.

My bus is for sale with Steve Bennett at California Coach. I'm "sorta" in the two bus club, but sorta not. The previous owner has graciously agreed to become lienholder on my current bus, and take the remainder of the purchase price when my bus sells!

Ray

Ray you rascal, your really putting some pressure on the Truk! I hope it all works out for you, sounds like a great deal with the previous owner helping out.

You know becoming a member of the two bus club includes the occasional airstrike!

Congratulation, I'm really happy for you....

Congratulations Ray, and to think last winter you were not interested in a new bus. Thing sure can change fast.

I guess your now in the 1 1/2 bus club, from what you said.

Enjoy, it looks like a beauty. You have started something new here, catalog bus buying. Ha,Ha.

Ray,

Congratulations!

Glad to see you didn't let the Marathon recall scare you off! Were you able to get one of the early appointments to get the recall fixes done?

Can't wait to see the pictures.

I have to admit, we were originally a little scared off by the recall but after a lengthy conversation with Mango, plus countless emails to JDUB and Truk, we decided to go ahead anyway. I sure hope we made the right decision! We have serious reservations about selling our Vogue as it has turned out to be a heck of a bus but the XLII kept staring back at us everytime we looked at it.

I never thought we'd be a member of the OBC let alone the TBC. We used Tommy also as he is close and treated us very well. As a result, he has a new source for business in Marathon Coach so he has had a good couple of weeks. Our thanks to JPJ and this great site.

Don't forget the pictures!

Richard Beecher
    2002 XLII Marathon

OK, Truk. Now you should start feeling bad.

It seems like anyone that wants a bus can find one. In fact it appears so easy that even a Texan can find a new bus.

Are you and JIm and Gary all going to form the no bus club or are you going to get your butt in gear and start looking. Just a clue here....they aren't free and you will have to dig up some of that buried cash in your back yard.

Default Another Marathon?

Richard: What's this? Another new Bus owner at POG with a Marathon. Pictures are required to remain in good standing. Otherwise a hazing may be in order.

All jokes aside- Congratulations on your new coach. I know you and the Ms are excited. Can't wait to see it.
    You can't hide money.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Talking Another Marathon

Roger and Jon,

We looked at Parliament, Liberty, and Marathon XLIIs plus a bunch of XLs. I'm still having trouble getting the XL look out of my head, it is truely a classic. I would love to keep the Vogue but can't justify doing so.

This all started when an XLII Parliament was parked next to us one morning in Tampa while we were there for some service. Barbara says 'that's a nice looking bus, I like it'. Of course I said, 'well, let's ask them if we can see the inside' which turned out not to be our style. We had now started the process and there seemed to be no looking back. We learned a lot in our search and had some great help from the POG group.

Jon, don't be to hard on Truk, at least he has been busy helping the rest of us buy new busses. As for Jim and Gary, well, I can't htink of a better time to be looking at "Certified pre-owned busses" as there are now some good ones out there. Roger, ever thought about opening a pre-owned bus division at Parkway?

Not for lack of trying but we won't be in Branson due to our schedule. We'll get some pictures out soon.

Richard

Richard,

I think Truk is slowly disappearing from the ranks of this august group. He is falling in love with his "plastic palace" and privately he is mentioning things like costs per square foot, and how he can't tell the difference when he is asleep.

Why can't he be like the rest of us and lose his coach through fires or other natural disasters. To lose his interest in a Prevost from smelling the formaldahyde in the walls of his "sticks and staples" is almost a crime.

Damn, Truk is in Nashville with the plastic truckster for just a day or two of music and and A-1 puts an airstrike on him when the suns in his eyes! Now you boys just haven't RV'd until you smell the resin, balsa wood, glue and staples.

Just topped off today with 18 gallon of propane, see how far behind you weenies are, you were just yaking about how to use propane for fuel savings and the plastic truckster is already there!

OK, gotta go, someone at the door wanting a tour of the ResinMobile and some advice about adding corn silk to their fuel system.

Default Prevost Rally

I have been away from the group for a couple weeks, we start almond processing in California during the last week of August and my 140 processors have keep me busy day and night keeping them going.

I read all the comments about the 08 rally and would like to attend. A $1,000.00 or more is a lot but I agree with Jerry, let's wait for the program.

1. If I were Prevost I would invite everybody I could think of and search my database for names and address. Invite owners as customers not as members of a group. Some owners are not members of any group. Invite them by mail, have their local Prevost service writer’s call to personally ask them to come, do all the marketing you can for the event.

2. Have things on the program for everyone, manufactures like me, technical, shopping for my wife, maybe golf, history, French class, what ever is great in Quebec.

3. Present every attendee with a coupon good for an oil change, fuel filter etc. service at a Prevost center value maybe $500.00. I would want everyone coming to the centers for service after they left the plant, great profit area for Prevost and good way to maintain client contact.

Ray,
    You will love your new coach, good job.

We are going to Vegas the 21st for the truck race, still spots on motor home hill if anyone is looking for something to do.