Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bashful slide lock pin

dreadnought Guest

I've been taken to task, and had my post edited, supposedly for using the word "mex*can". According to the person who edited the post, POG has mex*can members who were offended. I'm confused. The only thing I can tell was edited was my reference to Rastafarians which I believe is a religion. At any rate, since I'm told I commited this offense, I feel the need to let you all know how I really feel about this ethnic group of people. 36% of the employees of my corporation are mex*cans. I find them to be a hard working, god fearing, family loving people who are very loyal to their employer.
    I am in turn loyal to them, treat them with respect, and think of them as part of my family. One employee in particular stands out in my mind. I refer to him as "the son I never had," and tell everyone that he is in my will. This should tell you all that the purpose of my story was not to throw off on mex*cans. It was merely an attempt to pass along the sometimes humorous trials and tribulations of owning and operating a million dollar piece of machinery. So you see, I'd be the last person to slander the name of a group of people I have the utmost admiration for. If YOU were offended, PLEASE, send me a private message and let me know. Otherwise... I smell a rat.

I think the smell you have is probably coming from the bottom of the trailer. I suggest getting a garden hose and spraying the whole inside of it. When we pulled horses we had to do this almost every trip. Your story gave us all a large laugh, ...Prevost. goats, slides, mexicans, too funny!!!!!! I, too wondered about someone pulling a herd of goats with a Prevost. We usually carry an 07 vette in our trailer, but it sounds like we should try goats on our next trip out west.... probably a lot more fun..certainly better stories.

lewpopp Guest

How about the slander on me when JDUB said I was already without gonads, when the truth be known that I am very proud of my family jewels.

Default Political Correctness

Bill, I think the spirit of your tale was obvious. If anyone could take serious offense to that, they are thin skinned, and won't last long around here!

John Wayne was quoted (I belive in "Rooster Cogburn") as saying, "Don't apologize, its a sign of weakness".

Keep up the great tales, it was very funny!

Keep up the good work Bill. I believe you have a future in Short Stories . I found your story to be well written and fulll of colorful characters. Nothing wrong with that. Anyone read a book by Mark Twain latey?
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

dreadnought Guest

Thanks guys. I appreciate the vote of confidence. We're going on an 8,000 mile walkabout in August. I'm operating way above my level of intelligence so you can be sure there will be more misadventures to report.