Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Trip Maintenance

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I'm pretty sure those fittings are prevo installed. How about it Dale you have them?

Lew, you are correct, if you pull the lower front panel for the dash, where the drivers blowers are, you will be able to look over there and see if there are small clear plastic lines going down from the hindges. I had the door panel off to replace a broken return spring on the outer door latch.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 07-01-2007 at 06:56 AM.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

I dug this up this morn. out of the service manual.

My Bus 233.jpg

Clarification. The issue I was having with the door was not with the Hindges. It is with the door stop. The door stop is above the top hindge arm and limits the swing of the door to its open position. There is a small thimble bearing on this limit hindge. This is what was making all the noise and making the swing tight. I tightened this thimble type roller and it is much better.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Just Plain Jeff Guest

As to 'tightening' the fit on a closed door, the locking pin is an eccentric (laeving that topic alone for a moment), which when loosened, provides varying degress of 'tightness' for your entry door.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Having dealt with wind noise from the rivet coach front door, I can say with confidence that minimizing the noise is more artistry than it is a defined process.

Jeff shows one adjustment point. The door hinges are usually mounted on shim plates, which can be removed or added to. In addition to the gasket around the door periphery, the sliding window seal also has the potential to create wind noise as does the mirror depending on how it is positioned.

If you adjust everything to minimize or eliminate wind noise on a zero wind day (meaning you have no cross winds), you may experience wind noise when there is a cross wind.

If anyone is having problems with wind noise I will have the ultrasonic noise detector at Branson and anyone that need it is free to use it. It can locate potential noise sources when parked, but if you are willing to run the coach at highway speeds you will be able to see if having the coach in motion alters the source.

The fee for the use of the detector will be very modest...bring the title to your coach for security...I know what you guys are like.

Wink

Pretty nice manicure on that cabinet maker finger there Jeff. Get busy, winter's comin. You will need furniture in front of the hearth.