Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: POG III Travel Plans

Default Was this you on I-10?

tow15063.jpg

I passed this unfortunate XL on I-10 being pulled in for service. I tried raising him on the CB but to no avail. Hopefully things worked out as I had him hook up with Lew and Wild Bill in Orange.

MM

Hey Deb, after reading the ball thing, I'm glad your a nurse.

Notice Mango's picture of the poor guy broke down, he drove right past without stopping to help. There is a pattern here, he shot past Orange, TX at a high rate of speed passing Lew & Bill who were standing at the exit waving cause Lew was broke down. Lew said he didn't even blow the freaking horn or toss out a credit card and Bill was so upset he dropped his beer.

Truk, on the other hand, stopped at Orange, loaded all the tools in the Jeep and went to help my fellow Poggers. After 4 hours of grueling work, Lew is fixed up and ready to go. I even washed Lews bus while he and Kathy sat and watched having a freshly made Hurricane, thanks to wild Bill and Jody.

Just thought I would get the facts out there!

dalej Guest

That was so nice of you Tom, I'm going to talk to the man in charge to see if there is a Good Samaritan Award that could be given out at the awards banquet.

Default Bus Down

We were leving the resort at Galveston today when I heard a growl from my power steering. A hose ruptured inside were the spare tire goes. Drained all the fluid in a few miles. We got to Seirra Bus in Houston and will be in the lot till at least Monday. Wish us luck! See you all soon.

Unhappy Lew Bucks Required:

Sorry to hear of your plight Michael. How on earth were you able to steer that hulk without power!?!

Jim,
    It was crazy, I used all my strength and was able to make slow turns. Damm near hit the fence getting into the service lot. We have found the leak, small pin hole in a supply line to the steering box. The line was routed with a tight radius bend and it just gave up. I am going to cut the line and splice in a new section about a foot long. As far as I can tell the hose runs from the front to back in one piece.

Default Oh Man!

Mike & Dee, sorry to hear of your mishap! If you need us to run to Galvaston and resque you let us know..

We are in Fort Stockton tonight... The wind is howling, and putting a dent in "POG" coctail hour activities..

Looking forward to hitting Kerrivlle tomorrow... I was looking for your cell number to call, but of course can't find it right at the moment ...LOL...

Gimme a call if there is something we can do..

Cool Search The Web

Quote Originally Posted by mikedee View Post
    Jim,
    It was crazy, I used all my strength and was able to make slow turns. Damm near hit the fence getting into the service lot. We have found the leak, small pin hole in a supply line to the steering box. The line was routed with a tight radius bend and it just gave up. I am going to cut the line and splice in a new section about a foot long. As far as I can tell the hose runs from the front to back in one piece.
    That's the way improvise. Whatever the size is you could possibly find some steel tubing and moderately flare the ends and insert into the cut hose and double hose clamp on the OD.

Just thought, is it a return hose or a pressure hose. I don't know how high the pressure gets.

Depending on where you are you might find an auto parts store or some such place and have a custom hose made to order while you wait!! There's got to be someplace around Galveston that will make up a hose for you!

Dale,

Most of that post was BS, they were already fixed up when I got there, but I was willing to do whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Notice Mango's picture of the poor guy broke down, he drove right past without stopping to help. There is a pattern here, he shot past Orange, TX at a high rate of speed passing Lew & Bill who were standing at the exit waving cause Lew was broke down. Lew said he didn't even blow the freaking horn or toss out a credit card and Bill was so upset he dropped his beer.

Just thought I would get the facts out there!
    Backabroke mountain Truk,

I was going to stop but didn't see the happy hour flag flying on top of Lewmeister's bus. So didn't think it was serious.

mm