Corrosion-X is the anti-corrosion product of choice for seaplane/floatplane owners. It is routinely fogged in the wings and exposed interior surfaces of aircraft that are exposed to both fresh and saltwater. I use it and re-apply every 2 or three years. It's great stuff. CAUTION:Paint will not stick to Corrosion-X, it is meant to be used on aluminum surfaces not exposed to the weather and it's primary purpose is to weep between the unpainted layers of overlapping aluminum skins. I have seen exterior paint flake off of aircraft at the overlapping joints if not thoroughly acid etched and alodyned (sp) prior to paint. Check with the mfg. before using. http://www.corrosionx.com/.
_____________
94 Liberty XL


Paint will not stick to Corrosion-X, it is meant to be used on aluminum surfaces not exposed to the weather and it's primary purpose is to weep between the unpainted layers of overlapping aluminum skins. I have seen exterior paint flake off of aircraft at the overlapping joints if not thoroughly acid etched and alodyned (sp) prior to paint. Check with the mfg. before using.
Reply With Quote