Good to meet everyone - quick background: For 8 years as a kid, I lived in an 24’ RV with Mom, Dad and 2 younger brothers every summer. (No AC, No TV – just great memories) Since then I have owned just under a dozen RV’s, each one a little bigger/nicer/etc as life allowed. With sights on a Prevost for many years and 2.1 kids who are ready for adventure we finally pulled the trigger on a 2002 XL2, I am told it is one of the 1st Millennium conversions made and has 2 slides and 2 bunks for the kids.

I am realizing I should have done a little more thorough inspection of the coach pre-purchase as there is a fair amount of minor issues. Fortunately, I am blessed with ‘the knack’ and can fix almost anything and have already knocked out a lot of little things. I look forward to meeting other owners / DIY mechanics on the site, and continuing my lifelong education on all things related to RV/BUS life.

A few topics that I would love to talk about initially – sorry if some of this has been already hashed out, if so just advise and I will dig deeper on the forums:

• Front Slide Seal constant leak: Our front slide has an audible leak at the rear of the slide halfway up. Has anyone done their own slide seal replacements or repairs, and anything I need to know before diving in and tearing the interior of the slide apart? I have not found much info on actual seal replacement.
  • Has anyone heard of Prevost mechanics that are willing to travel (for a fee of course) Would love to find an ‘air’ guru for our coach, with multiple things I have to work through. Any recommendations would be appreciated – I know I can eventually sort all out, though someone that has gone through this can save me countless hours of time. For reference, my aux air cannot build above 60psi, and I am just starting the process of finding more leaks (in addition to the slide leak)
  • Has anyone on POG ever attempted to facilitate an owners ‘overnight parking trade’? We have ample space at our residence and an extra 50A hookup that we would be happy to host someone for a night or three, especially if there was a small network of other Prevost owners that offered the same. Maybe you have to ‘bank’ overnights by offering your space before you could use others? (We are in the Finger Lakes region of New York FYI)
  • Lastly, when is the next formal POG event? We are looking to travel this summer most of July and August and looking for suggestions. Any big rig friendly great ideas for places to visit always appreciated.