Thread: Unusual front axle steer trailer, your thoughts?

Threaded View

I know a guy in port orange fl with one. Never seen it pulled just sits in the hanger I believe it was a package deal when he bought his bus. Everything so far that's been said is pretty correct

IMHO their shortfall is their empty weight. Do u want to be approaching 80,000 CGVW with a full trailer?

Marathon coach was not affiliated with them but the manufacturer was Marathon trlr.

The one I saw the inside forward third was finished out looked like a continuation of the inside of the bus.

If pulled with a 54000 lb bus loaded with 2 cars plus gear I think u would exceed 80,000.

Remember Jeff Baily he was that screwball we had here for a while. He pulled one empty and said he'd never do it again and he was certifiably crazy. He went and got it in Utah and blew up his 60 series in a 40 ft Angola trying to pull it home over the mountains empty. Somewhere in the archives there's his thread.

I think they r awsum but those kind of things r why they have CAT power. Lol. I'm only 33 ft and 21,000lbs and with the right ponys under the hood. Id be a prime candidate for it, would not be overweight or length neither! If it didn't look so much like a Prevo bus Id seriously consider it.

It's over the top. I know many 80,000 lb semis now have automatic transmission but I am not convinced that's a good formula, I wouldn't want an automatic with those weights.

In the picture look at the way the bus is turning to the right and the trlr wheels r going left.

Looks like it's being backed up and the trailer is not participating correctly.
    Last edited by Joe Camper; 01-16-2022 at 08:05 AM.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines