Thread: Hughes Autoformer

Default Hughes Autoformer

I picked up the 50 amp external Hughes Autoformer before our last trip. I really liked interacting with this company and the unit performed well for the month we were out.

The other day, I was at the bus working on the drivers seat and noticed that the line 1 indicator LED was red indicating no power on line one. However, there was power on line one and the bus was operating fine.

I called Hughes and they answered right away. They said they were aware of the problem and believe that it is in a specific batch of replaceable surge protection modules. Apparently, the surge protection module also plays a role in sending signals to the LED status indicators. This module is easily replaced from the top of the unit but you do have to drill out the three rivets holding the top on.

They immediately shipped out new module with a drill bit, three screws, zip tie and the new module. Received it in less than a week. I have not installed it yet but will let you know if there are any unforeseen issues.

So far I am very impressed and pleased with their customer service both at time of purchase and during this issue. Hughes and their autoformer get a thumbs up.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament

I put the replacement module in this evening. 15 minutes including clean up. Supplied drill bit worked nicely on the three soft rivets. Module held in place by zip tie with two multi-wire connectors and a ribbon cable. All easy to reconnect. Included a new zip tie to re-secure module if you want. Supplied screws worked great in the holes from the drilled rivets.

All lights back to green! Nicely done Hughes.

Mark and Debbie Fratto
    1998 Parliament