Thread: Recommended audible leak detector

Default Recommended audible leak detector

Does anyone have a recommendation for an audio based air leak detector? One that you've had good luck using and is reasonably price?

Joe
    Amprobe ULD-300 is a very good ultrasonic leak detector and very reasonably priced. At first use these devices are a bit challenging but after you work with it a little while and learn how to set the sensitivity you can hear an air leak from your recliner. All joking aside, it is extremely precise and turns the most minute leak into a windstorm, pinpointing to the EXACT place of the leak. Amazing!!! It is also Camper Joe approved.
    Dane & Dana
    Central Florida
    95 Marathon

If I recall some time ago there was someone in this group that rented theirs out maybe they will chime in.

Thanks Dane for the suggestion.
    I ended up purchasing a Marksman II, as this is what's used by some of the high end coach field teams and wasn't much more than the Amprobe, but seemed more capable. I ended up getting one on eBay for ~$300.
    https://tracerproducts.com/tp-9367l-marksman-ii/

Of course if I don't solve any leaks it was a waste. I'll try to remember to post results. Success will be measured by increasing the drain time on my AUX tank.