Thread: Refrigerator Quit Running

Default Refrigerator Quit Running

Jenn Air JRSD247 quit running. Lights come so I expect it has power. Need advice on finding a service provider that will work on/replace a refrigerator built in to a coach.

Ben, I have a 1995 Country Coach. Amana refrigerator just quit after 25 years. I debated options and decided to use a sawzall and cut it up and remove from bus.

I purchased an under the counter wine cooler and refrigerator to install. I can get those through the door and install myself. They fit the old refrigerator opening height wise stacked. 8" more narrow so I will need to do some finish work.

For a freezer, I have a unit in the bay. We don't use much frozen stuff except ICE and I will be using a portable ice maker in kitchen.

Might not work for you but just thinking outside the box. Replacement refrigerators are sometime hard to find to fit the space left by the old refrigerator.

To answer your question, any of the coach service providers listed on the Prevost-Stuff home page will do the work. But it will be $$$$$.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Ben, anything bigger than 24" will have trouble going thru the front door. If you must have a full size, the front windshield is your best bet. I cut mine up into small pcs threw away and installed a 12 cubic foot.
    Mike Giboney
    1992 Prevost Country Coach

That's a nice fridge. Marathon made it so u can slide it ou to work on. Could be a fan motor or compressor. It's very repairable. If found to be unrepairable removing the pass seat and pass windshield is a couple of hrs of work. The others have great alternatives but they r not for everybody. Have u tried to get a tech with limited results already hence the post? If it were me I'd try to fix what I had that would be my first choice. Then either get smaller or pull the seat and windshield.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines

Ppulling the windshield is not a bad thing in the end, it gives you the opportunity to replace the seals. My bus sat in the heat so long all the rubber everywhere is getting replaced one at a time. I need to pull both windshields and both trapezoid windows here soon.
    Mike Giboney

All good stuff. To go original could run close to $5000 w/ time and materials. That hurts. Looking to a local tech who is willing to work on RV-based appliances and represents a company that Marathon in Coburg, Oregon, uses to do their work.

Hope we find a solution soon.

Another reason to dump the side by side is you can't put a Pizza in in the Freezer. In my search I also wanted something that would draw less power. Just an FYI some of the new fridges have the R600A, and don't have an ON/Off switch.
    Mike Giboney

The on off switch is the thermostat.
    1990 Peterbuilt 377
    3406 B Caterpillar
    13 Speed Roadranger
    No Norgrens

1 day on paper no machines