Being somewhat biased toward the Garmin avionics, if I were to do all the stuff that both of these panels encompass, I would have gone the distance and put the 340 audio panel in and A) done away with the intercom and B) tied the terrain avoidance in the 396 into the audio system along with the traffic, which the P210 didn't.

And you have to remember that the panel of the older T210 was plastic and patched together when you get all those kinds of avionics added.

My original statement was with the quality of the workmanship which doesn't come out in the photo. The pilot said where he wanted the stuff and that's where it landed. Also, IFR in flyover country is pretty much limited to thunderstorm and low ceiling issues and not cold weather (which neither the Bonanza or the older 210 is equipmed to handle).

I am mixed on the 396 position. I like mine on the yoke, but if I had a center stack and the room, I might be temped to put it in one of those new housings that slide right in with the radios. In the Bonanza, it fits nicely right above the aileron trim knob and really doen't block any of the primary instruments. I am not a fan of having it right above the yoke. My OBI's are split, one low and one left, so that causes a scan anomoly, but I have also never flown with an HSI, so I have to look everything over and not just the center of the stack.

My radios are also set up with switches on the yoke to flip the frequencies and switch between radios, so I can have 4 freqs loaded and never have to move my hand to the radio stack, which I like. My AP disconnect is a little screwy as I added electric trim when we went with the new STec autopilot, but we moved the PTT and also the remote IDENT function for the transponder, so it all seems okay after flying it 100 or so hours.