Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: House electrical change to Tesla Battery modules

Quote Originally Posted by freds View Post
    Yes in using Tesla Battery modules they have different chemistry and are fully discharged at 19 volts, most inexpensive inverters where originally designed for lead acid battery's and turn off at 22 volts; which wastes a signification portion of the storage capacity.

I have been noodling away on how to handle 30 AMP 120 volt service and I would think just activate one inverter/charger to charge at the 120V level and have a manual switch to active that second.

I.E. If driveway surfing only draw 15 amps on 120, if plugged into 30 amp service enable an additional 15 amp draw.
    If you are using Victron Inverters (I see some Victron equipment in there) - then if they are configured for split or parallel - it wont work if one of them is switched off. a quirk of them being combined. The issue is that you probably want the two to act as 1 - whether split or inverted so that you only deal with one CGGX/Cerbo/Venus GX device. .

But at that point - you might as well just plug in the 30amp and run it. If they are Victron, one will work, and the other will continue to invert. The one that is working, will charge whatever is being taken out from L2. People all jump up about this - but the reality is that you only have ONE 30amp leg anyhow. . Its not like you arent using the other leg - because you dont actually have another leg of power anyhow. . its shared one leg.

Your panel choice is excellent. the LG ones are the highest power ones out there right now. I would prefer to use the 60 cell intead of the 72 - but thats only because they are about 64in instead of 77 or something. The Sunpower X22 series is also excellent as they have better shading performance.

Just picked the bus up from the storage yard to work on it. Had one good day of sun and then it rained the rest of the week. House battery level is at 100%, started the week at 60%.