Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm not skidding but the Anti Skid light is on

Tom, my bus is also a 96 chassis ("T5811") and it has ABS and if I am not mistaken yours should have it. The clue is a black small diameter plastic line going to your hub area. That is for the sensor to detect wheel rotation.

The ABS red light should come on when you turn on the key, and should remain lit until you roll a little. It should be adjacent to or near the red light to display when you are braking. Could you have a burned out bulb?

truk4u,

I was under the impression the ABS began with the '96 chassis but mine is a
    '95 chassis so I don't know what to say on that one.

I think I have the Rockwell brake system and a supplement to the manual on that, I'll have a look Jon, thanks.

Richard
    '96 Vogue XL 40
    '07 Suburban and sometimes a racecar in a trailer

Off to Sebring in the morning!

Petervs Guest

There are some differences between the 40 foot and 45 foot coaches in the first few years the 45s were built. Prevost seems to have updated the designs on the 45s first, then later on most of those changes were adapted to the 40s.

As examples, the Series 60 was installed in my 94 45 footer, but they did not put them in 40s until a year or two later. Same on the air dryer, mine has the newer AD9 while Brian's 94 40 footer has the older AD2. The same is probably true of the ABS brake system. Mine has it for what it is worth.

Peter vS
    94 Marathon XLV

Peter, I would guess you have the five speed transmission.

When the Series 60 was first installed it could only be installed on 45 foot coaches because the Allison 5 speed and the Series 60 combined length was too long to be installed with the 40 foot shell. When the 6 speed transmission became available the shorter length made it possible for installation in the 40 foot coach with the Series 60. There was a lot of re-engineering to get the series 60 into the 40 footer and the 45 was engineered with that engine in mind.

As far as other changes I have no clue why they would not make them across the board unless they were using up inventory.

Jon,

I checked and don't have it. No light, nothing in the Marathon manual concerning ABS. Mine is T1025830 and Peter may be right, the 45's might have got it first. Either way, I'm happy, one less problem area.