Thread: Electric shade

Threaded View

Default Electric shade

I am trying to figure out why one of my electric shades does not function. I'll start by saying it is a '99 Vantare H3. Of coarse, it is the one tucked up behind the cupboards in the galley! I have pulled the (triple) switch out and checked the switch, which works fine. I even jumpered a known good switch to varify it was not the switch. My question now is, where do I go from here? I can see two screws holding the assembly up in place but am afraid to remove them because I don't know what is behind there. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Cliff

Update.
    Well, I've tried everything I could imagine and still no luck. I can't get the shade down =( I took the two screws out that hold the piece that the shade is attached to but it won't come down. Then, I released the three brackets that hold the shade and the shade won't come down. I have no idea what the assembly looks like so it makes it harder to figure it out. Does anyone have a picture or drawing or anything that shows me what it looks like? Thanks, Cliff
    Last edited by Cliff; 12-21-2015 at 08:31 PM.