I agree with Jon about the brake lights coming on. The Jake in our busses (8V's are the worst ) are not nearly as effective as they are in a truck and no truck that I've ever driven has jake actuated brake lights. I admit I don't have the trucking experience of many of our esteemed Poggers so I might stand to be corrected. Tom? Joe?

Last year Beverly was descending a long grade in the bus, we were being followed by an acquaintance (Winnebago). At the end of the day I was approached confidentially and told I might need to counsel my wife about riding the brakes. Needless to say I set him straight very quickly and ever since have been meaning to try and disable this feature.

This discussion prompted me to call Prevost yesterday morning. I was informed by one of the area service managers that this is a common request and he promptly informed me that removing Relay 76 labled "Jake Brake Signal" in the engine compartment electrical panel would disable this feature. I can't imagine he would have shared this information with me if Prevost feels this is a significant safety item. Needless to say, I now have another spare relay. Of course it's very possible that different models and years may have varying relay numbers but would bet the labeling would be correct.

BrianE
94Liberty XL