Thread: Keeping an older bus on the road.

Threaded View

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Keeping an older bus on the road.

Although we haven't officialy named her I think that would be in order.

The camper has preformed quite well up to now with only a couple of small problems.

First problem was the first night out of Chicago. It poured down rain all the way to Nashville and while driving one of the stainless lock nuts that holds the smaller wiper arm to the blade backed off and the two arms seperated causing the wiper to fail. This was repaired at the next exit with none other than a small plastic TIE STRAP replacing the missing lock nut, gotta love them tie straps Although I carry a lot of STUFF, small stainless lock nuts arent included. The tie strap will remain till home!

Yesterday While flashing our high beams to signal a passing truck back over the turn signal assembly came apart in my hand. Seems as though an internal part cast in pot metal finally failed with age. We stopped and I continued to disassemble it the rest of the way exposing the contacts for the turn signals that I can now opporate by touching them togeather with my finger in lew of the arm that is now removed. It also failed with the headlights in high beam and I simply unplugged the 2 high beam bulbs, we have a 4 headlight set-up.

Anyone had one of these fail? Its got 212000 miles on it. I'l betcha that switch is 300 bucks if its a nickle. Concidering the temporary fix, I think this is also gonna wait till we get home to fix as well.

The 2 smaller slobber tubes that drip a little when starting are no longer dripping at all as I suspected might happen with more use and the oil consumption is about 3 quarts so far and we are right at 2000 miles into the trip. I'm know that some of that was leaked at the alternater not burnt.

So in conclusion all in all the old girl is doing pretty good. In fact I think she is loven the trip more than us

Tootles.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 01-17-2007 at 11:03 AM.