Thread: So.... what's yer Prevost worth?

Threaded View

Default So.... what's yer Prevost worth?

Well, the simple answer is.... exactly whatever someone else is willing to pay.

But, here's an interesting aside.

As most of you know, after 10 years of full-timing, Janice and I have decided to buy a house. That means that the bus and lot here at the Outdoor Resorts has to go. To that end, we have made up a small flyer that has been posted here around the resort.

A couple of days ago, one of the guests here stopped by to check out the bus. The first question of course is "so, what's your bus worth"? When I gave him the asking price, his reply was "Wow, that's a million dollars of quality for less than 25 cents on the dollar".

Huh?

He then went on to explain that, at one time, someone had paid a million dollars (or close to it) for the bus based on the quality of materials and workmanship, the ride, the comfort, the features and even the the safety. That essential "quality" hasn't changed, although there has certainly been some use. I thought it was an interesting perspective.

So that got me to thinking. He made an interesting point. Based on that train of thought, it probably pays off to maintain your bus to the same level of materials, workmanship and specifications as original as best as you can. There can be a dramatic difference between "worth" as defined by its quality and "cost" based on market values.

The lesson here, I think, is to not degrade the value of your bus by altering that "quality" that existed on day one if at all possible.

Unfortunately, this guy wasn't a serious buyer, but I sure like the way he thinks!

Now it's time to go back to furniture shopping..... because we have none.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (112.5 KB, 12 views)