Thread: SeeLevel Tank Monitoring System

Threaded View

Default SeeLevel Tank Monitoring System

Hello fellow POGer's

This is my first time to draw upon the knowledge and expertise available through the forum so don't hold me responsible for errors, spellings or misspeakings.

I am fed up with cleaning the Liberty installed float valves on my tanks - especially the grey/black water tank. It's messy and a PIA from my point of view. So, in searching the forum I noted several posting regarding the SeeLevel system. Back in the days when we had a pop-up camper, I purchased the SeeLevel II Model 709 to install on all of the tanks but decided the system would never work properly due to limited tank heights. The problem was I could not satisfy the installation criteria specified by Garnet Technologies. Since the Model 709 remains in new condition and has never been installed, the thought occurred to me "why not install the system on the coach tanks."

Well, there are a couple of problems. First, the 709 comes with 12-inch sensor strips and only two strips can be stacked atop one another. The height of my tanks is greater than 24". Garnet offers the sensor in a 16" strip but it will not work with the 709 because of a common bus wiring method as opposed to individual circuits for each tank.

Second, I am told by Garnet that their technology will not work on stainless steel tanks. This is because they use a capacitance based principle of measurement and the stainless will block the signal. They have, however, suggested a way around this issue by installing sub-tanks as shown in the attached photo. The sub-tanks can be either a 3" diameter ABS or PVC pipe of the same height as the tanks and they don't have to be in the same area as the tanks but on the same plane. With this arrangement, the 16" sensors can be used in conjunction with their 711T, 712P or 713CC Models. There has to be a better way!

Has anyone installed the SeeLevel system on your coach where the coach is fitted with metal tanks? If so, what method of installation did you use? Has anyone installed a different system on metal tanks that will provide constant readings in a percentage of full capacity?

I would appreciate any and all thoughts on this matter. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files