Had a good experience there Friday / Monday. Had an awning problem I couldn't fix with the Girard tech over the phone (awning extends but would only retract 6 inches before stopping). Turns out it was the circuit board in the awning control which was - dare I say - under warranty. They overnighted the board and it was installed this morning. Problem solved.

Marathon also installed a real non-oilfield rugged remote system for the electric shore cord. You had to face east and strike a yoga pose before it would work. They replaced that with a more robust system that has a remote that works very well, so that was a nice bonus and easy install.

Also had a rattle in the slide that turned out to actually be in the ceiling. A couple of screws fixed that.

Lastly, I had my trusty dual thermocouple Fluke 52 digital thermometer rigged up in the coach looking at the delta T on the AC units. I was getting between 13 to 15 degrees with an ambient temp of 102. While the bus was pleasant, the tech asked if the roof was coated. It is not. He said it would make a big difference in this kind of heat. I think the other bus was coated, but I don't have a "before" experience to determine how well it worked. Anyone have an idea how good it is?

Overall, Les the service manager and his team did a good job.