I have to agree with Gary. For me that non-Prevost slide would be a deal breaker even though the coach is absolutely fantastic.

Prevost has worked very hard to develop slides. The fact that they have had several generations of slides indicates that even with their extensive expertise the design of slides is difficult. Until they changed the structure of the shell all the Prevost slides had locking pins to restore the integrity of the structure when the slide room opening cut the backbone of the original structure in half.

The issues I would have would be primarily the loss of the strength of the shell. I would be concerned about future support. I would be very concerned about moisture entry because there is no awning associated with the slide room and I would wonder how to get inflatable seals when they fail from the company that produced the slide. I also wonder what the procedure for seal replacement is. Replacing a Prevost seal might be expensive due to the cost of the seal, but the seals are available and easily replaced in a few hours with two people.

If any moisture gets behind the seal the resulting damage is unbelievably expensive to repair due to mold and mildew which spread out of sight until the damage is done.