My 2003 came with a Braund Concord motorized TV antenna with the controls in the passenger's armrest area. While I have been able to coax it up and down, it is very unreliable, and there have been times I did not think it would come down. If you press the buttons on the controller just right, it responds, usually takes dozens of presses to get it down. When it is down, it still looks bad. One time we arrived at our destination to find the antenna in the up position (it was down when we left). I think it is time for a replacement.

We do use the OTA antenna to feed local stations into our DirecTV DVR, so giving it up is not an option.

The Braund antennas are still available through Barker Mfg, but the whole thing seems dated. I have used omnidirectional antennas in the past on boats, with reasonable results, and I like the idea of a fixed, low-profile antenna (Winegard RS2000), but I read the reception is not as good. Winegard also makes a motorized antenna (MA1000W) similar to the Concord.

Has anyone gone down either of these roads? Results? Other ideas?

Thanks!