I recently purchased a new(er) coach. In order to import it into Canada a "Recall Clearance Letter" is required. This is a letter from the manufacturer (Prevost) stating that there are no outstanding safety recalls on the vehicle to be imported.

I was quite surprised to find that there were three outstanding warranty safety recalls on the coach all of which were ten or more years old. Apparently the registered owner is notified and if no action is taken that is where it stops. I was told that if the coach had been serviced by Prevost that they would run the VIN and catch the missing recall. I personally find it hard to believe that in 13 years and three owners that this coach has never been in a Prevost service center. Much to my dismay two of these outstanding safety bulletins had to do with front end and steering components. I was assured by the tech that did the updates that he had never seen a failure of the affected components but also said that it had been some time since he had done one.

I don't blame Prevost but I wonder how many other coaches are out there with outstanding safety recalls. I am sure that mine is not the only one.