I put New Michelin's on the front this past August to correct a severe pull to the right. The ride did improve and the pull was gone, but the fact that I have to carry 125 lbs pressure in the front tires is the cause of the heavy thumping in the front when I hit a bridge joint, expansion joint, rough road, etc. As to not enough room for a spare, when do we reach the point when enough is enough? We can carry everything we need to make repairs along the road and all the extra parts necessary for repairs but we can't carve out the room for an extra tire that may be more difficult to find than any of the parts and tools we carry. My Joey bed's floor is full. But in most of it I still have over a foot of room between the top of the stuff and the ceiling above it . I planned on doing exactly what Tuga suggested. Fill the wheel opening in the tire and put a piece of plywood over that and continue to use the new space created by the new false floor. This will give me more usable space than what I have now since there is a lot of empty air space above the existing containers and boxes.