As the in-house curmudgeon I have to chime in. So far there does not appear to be a single best tire pressure monitoring system. My opinion only.

I have considerable reservations about any system that monitors pressures by putting a sensor type cap on the valve stems. Apart from issues accessing the inner drive tire to add pressure or replace the cap my strongest concern is you are relying on a single seal at the sensor cap. I used to use metal caps with a seal as a backup to the Schrader valves. They worked OK, but since I went to the valve caps that allow filling through them, and the double seal they provide I have never had my tires hold air so well. I just cannot convince myself to use a system that replaces that second valve stem seal.

The type with the band that mounts internally appears to address that but my concern there is the compatibility with Equal. I have used Equal with great success for about 18 years and I cannot find anything as good anywhere near the price. There is no doubt in my mind Balance Masters and Centrimatics will work well, but they are very expensive. The combined cost of the monitoring system and the Centrimatics will buy a couple of tires.

So I use Tattle Trail on the toad and hope it works. It appears it may work very well. The bus, I rely on tire pressure checks. Maybe someday I will have a change of heart, but for now I check my tires and hope for the best.

We have all heard stories about tire problems and how monitors saved the day. There is no doubt they are beneficial.