Ray,

I agree with your response. However, that is why I went for a CDL as soon as I got my Prveost. In NC you don't qualify for a CDL - Passenger unless you seat 16+. Obviously we don't. So the highest I could get was what NC calls a "Classified B" license. You get to take the CDL question test, with 40 of 50 questions being required to pass and a road test. Now the question test was passed with, you guessed it, 40 correct answers out of 50 questions. When I came back for the road test, the lady examiner said she had NEVER given a road test in one of these! She added we might just have to go all the way to Myrtle Beach to complete the test. I told her the tank was full so let's get going. We just went around the block, stopped for a fake RxR track, made a backing move, left turns and right turns but no parallel parking!

I have always been disturbed by the States requiring a motorcycle endorsement, which I got in 1977 as soon as they were required (yes I have a story about that too) yet they allow anyone to operate an RV with a simple Class C license. Makes no sense to me but that's the way it is - wait a minute isn't that a line Walter Cronkite used to close his news casts?

Later ... oh and Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to all!