Today while enroute to Nashville progressing along I 40 West the alarm on the Trusty tire pressure monitor alarmed me that I had a tire going down and fast. It said so loud and clear with a high pitch squeal that would wake up Jdub after too many tacos.

I pulled off at the next exit ramp and pulled out the untrustworthy tire gauge and checked and sure enough I was down to 69 pounds on the passenger side outside dual. This is a great tire, no previous problems. Checked the valve, no problem. Raised the skirt (I like that- used to be more fun) and felt the outside of the tire and discovered a leak by feel. Could have heard it if the engine was not so loud. I picked up a bolt and it drove right into the tread valley of the tire.

Retrieved the trusty tire plug kit (A must have when traveling) and commenced to plugging - After 4 plugs I succeeded in stopping the leak.

Thanks to the tire pressure monitor I was able to detect the tire going down in time to save the tire and possibly a lot more. Damage, personal injury- well just let your imagination go.

Tire Pressure Monitors are a good thing after all. They suck on the 07 and up cars tho.