Well, as luck would have it, I was notified today that the hangar where I store my coach has been sold, and I need to vacate fairly soon.

I've found a place out where Warren keeps (used to keep?) his coach in Perris, which is reasonably priced (for CA standards), but it's a good 60-70 minute drive from my home. They have several slots available immediately, so I'm in no danger of losing a place to put the coach.

However, I was thinking, and wanted to ask those who keep their coaches out in the sun, like full timers out at various resorts like ORA's and alike.

The ORA at Rancho is about 45 minutes from my home. Right at the moment, lots there are really cheap, as compared to a few years ago. I was thinking I could potentially purchase a lot, and keep it out at the ORA. The upside to that is that I would have a place where the coach was fairly easily accessed, and I could drive out for weekends, and use the coachl, or even for 1 week stays, while working from the bus. Right at the moment, the bus tends to stay in the hanger for 1-2 months at a time. At least at an ORA it would get some use, even if it weren't driving around, although it would be probably pretty easy to at least fire it up once every couple of weeks, and drive around the park a couple of times.

However, it IS stored outside there. It does get fairly hot, near 100 degree mark for part of the summer.

So, what does the masses think? I know it's better to store indoors, but how bad is it for those who keep their coaches outdoors. Do you normally cover the tires when stored outside?

I've thought about asking the ORA whether it would be allowable to put up a shelter which would cover the coach from direct sun. Not sure if it's allowed, but that would be better, if it could be done. I'm sure it could be done to blend in with the other decorating done at these type of parks.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray