As I write this, we are at the NEW Prevost Service Center in Goodlettsville, TN. We had an unexpected problem with our coach and arrived here Sunday night...right in the middle of their move into the new facility!

I must say, we were greeted at the gate and welcomed as the FIRST motorcoach conversion for service at the new facility. And, the staff never missed a beat. It was "business as usual" and we never felt like we were imposing or showed up at an inconvenient time. Not only did they fix our problem, but they also did the routine maintenance which we had an appointment for two weeks from now, AND we got our coach weighed. The service we received was not just exceptional...it was EXTRAORDINARY!

I must also tell you that Millennium went above and beyond (as they always do!) to facilitate us getting in to Prevost ahead of schedule. There isn't a company out there that compares to their level of customer service and support. When you've got a problem, no matter how big or how small, it's a comfort to know that help is only a phone call away ... 24/7/365. And, trust me - we ALL have problems (which happen at the most inconvenient times, etc.). We've never been told, "Let me call you back", or "Someone will call you Monday morning", or gotten an automated receptionist.

So, if you need service from Prevost, we HIGHLY recommend Prevost Nashville. And, by the way, the new facility is very nice!!! If you head this way, it's located at exit 97 on I-65, 5 miles north of Briley Parkway. But, beware, avoid RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC! 7-9 am and 4:30-6:30PM (traffic is at a crawl!). From the south, turn LEFT off the exit, then LEFT at the 2nd light (Krystal burgers on L) and go about 1/2 mile to the entrance on the LEFT). There's a Publix and a Krogers east off the exit along with Cracker Barrel, stores, and hotels.

Karin Klause