My oil leak appears as clean oil, not dirty as in engine oil that might be coming from the alternator return ( which does weep)

The reservoir for engine oil is a possibility.

I thought AC because it is directly above, but There is a mounting plate and the macerator hose passing through it along with other items blocking the view.

When I checked this out last weekend it was 18 F and the oil was very thick on the floor. (like honey? in a circle about 10" dia.)
There was black dust on an oil film under the compressor shaft but no drops of oil, just the light film, enough to collect and hold the dust. It did not go to the bottom of the compressor, just a short way down the case. The bus is down off the bags and I did not have an inspection mirror, and could'nt get my head under there to look up and around.

We're having a warming trend here. Not sure how long it will hold, but I will be back to the bus in one week, and it should be better weather for messing around on a cold floor.

Yesterday I bought a cute little steam cleaner at Harbor Freight Tool Co..
Don't know if it will turn out to be a joke or something good.
If it works well, I thing there will be very many places where it can be used on the bus. Very handy size and light weight. I think I will start it out with distilled water to eliminate any hard water contamination in the system. It will be easy to keep the engine and chassis clean if it turns out to work well.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=8823

JIM