Ray / Gary,

I did call Zip Dee and it was like I was talking in a foreign language. At first the guy said, "No, we don't have a fix for that. It just happens sometimes." To which I said, "Ok, you want me to post on the Internet that I called the self professed gurus of awnings and their answer was 'Tough shit'?"

Then he changed his tune and offered to carry my dilemma to the engineering department. I told him I would forward him some photos, but I had already envisioned something like Gary has described. If you don't mind sending a photo of that, I would be curious to see it.

I also complained that in the slightest of breezes, that particular awning wants to roll up on one side. It's like it needs dual tie downs on it, but I am not in favor of drilling two more holes in the side of the coach to accommodate the hooks. My point being, I don't think the spring tension is the culprit here either. If I tighten it up to keep in locked in place, then you would think it would compound this problem.

The old saw about a Zip Dee awning being able to handle any weather you can sit out in is bogus. A little stiff wind causes mine to shake like a dog crapping a peach seed.