When I shopped the bags on line I got the trade number for them from Prevost. Air bags are apparently generic. My first problem was nobody carried those air bags. Apparently Prevost either has something unique about them, or it is a relatively rare number. My bus has two different numbers. Some use all the same air bags.

Making matters worse, nobody came close to Prevost on air bag prices, especially after I negotiated a quantity discount of almost $20.00 per air bag. The closest I could come from anybody was about $60 more per air bag.

So the bottom line is unless and until Prevost gets enough warranty claims due to defective air bags they will not be changing suppliers. This is especially true if the air bags used on new buses are a different part number than the one we use on our older coaches. The can't get real excited about crappy air bags because they have no labot invested. But if the air bags used on new coaches are experiencing similar quality issues, and their warranty costs go out of site because a mechanic is spending a day or two per bus to sort out bad air bags the fit will hit the shan.