I had a conversation this morning with a client, employed by NAPA, that is acquainted with several mechanics. He recommend 2 as being great with trucks/buses and air suspension. Shortly after ending our conversation "Mechanic Dan" called. I told him I was considering replacing all my air bags and the valving. I asked if he was familiar with the Prevost bus and their air suspension system. Ol' Dan told me he had worked on lots of these systems and they were all 'purtty much the same'. Then I asked specifically if he had worked on the Prevost system. Again his vague response was that he is a great mechanic and knows this stuff inside and out. He was willing to tackle replacement of the bags and valves. No Fear. I was still feeling uncomfortable with this guy so I asked him if he knew what a 'Norgren Valve' is. Silence on the other end of the line and finally a feeble, "no".

Needless to say ol' Dan will not be working on my bus or even getting close to it. If I had not attended the seminar (Ok Fly Guy John, Briefing, damn it a briefing) presented by Jon at Pahrump I wouldn't have known these things and may have hired a BS Mechanic that would have left my pocketbook and bus FLAT.

Thanks Jon and Hector for the great information. Score another one for the POG!!