Until I became unemployed in 2000, we used the coach to do trade shows for our former company as well as travel to do seminars for our largest customer. Our customer had about 80 sales offices around the country and we would spend a day with the sales reps, and then generally do a seminar or presentation relating to the products and how they related to the various applicable plumbing codes with the reps.

The company we owned also did about 30 trade shows related to the campground industry, and I used to do most of them, I carried the entire booth and its contents in the bay of the bus or our Grand Cherokee that we towed.

While we ended up traveling into every single one of the 48 contiguous states and taking advantage of the work we were doing to get us to places we would not have ordinarily seen. We had little time to ourselves to enjoy the bus except on weekends. We spent about 13 to 16 weeks in the bus each year, not all at once but in various length blocks of time, with the longest being gone for 5 weeks and a typical trip around 5 days to a week.

When it didn't make sense to run the bus, such as a one day seminar 400 miles away I would use the plane. During that decade I did a lot of travel and when I sold the business to my daughter the first few years down here in TN we rarely used the bus or the plane. I think one year we put 30,000 on the bus and that really was too much. Now I think we are around 12,000 a year, and this year may end up being a little more.