We were running down I49 this morning when I noticed the left side pyro needle was running way high, and the turbo boost was zero. Not good, so I bailed out at the first exit and found a place to stop. I went back to the engine compartment while Jan looked up "The Man's" number and by the time I got back in the coach Jon was on the phone. When I described what was going on, he knew exactly what the problem was and what needed to be done. After spending an hour or so on the phone, I found a left side turbo boost tube at Stewart & Stevenson in Broussard, La which was about two hours from where we had stopped. I went ahead and bought the right side tube while I was there. Replacing the cracked tube took all of five minutes and we were back under way.
Jon, Thanks. Just knowing you, and a number of other POG'ers are out there willing to help makes joining POG look like a mighty good investment. We lost about four hours traveling time today. Without your help, we would have lost several days and we need to be in Daytona Beach by Tuesday morning. You DaMan A1.