Ken Zittrer (Bluevost) and I spent about 5 hours today trying to solve a Webasto problem that has us both stumped. I'm looking for help from the collective brain trust!

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a diesel leak back near the right side of the engine compartment. I put a drip pan under the bus as I didn't have time to deal with it. Yesterday when I went to the bus, there had to be at least a quart, perhaps a half gallon of diesel in the pan. OK, it's time to do something.

It's defininately the Webasto which is leaking, but Ken and I tried everything we could think of, but it's still leaking. Here's the pertinent (and perhaps not so pertinent) details, which will helpfully lead us in the right direction.

1. fuel leak seems to be in the incoming fuel line.
2. fuel comes in through a fuel filter (which doesn't appear to have any "filter element" inside).
3. It connects into the port labled "S".
4. There is another port labled "R", which has a fuel line, which exits out the side of the unit and heads into the engine area. Not sure where. This line doesn't appear to be leaking, although it was wet.

5. We replaced the incoming fuel line (from fuel filter forward), and also replaced the hose clamp. Still no luck.

6. It was noticed that when we opened the unit, that the square grommit which it used around the fuel inlets was crushed in some previous repair attempt (previous owner).

7. We did our best to fix up the crushed gromit, adjusted the electrodes, and replaced unit.

8. Unit still leaks at an alarming rate (5-10 drips per minute, worse when unit is fired up).

9. When unit fires up, it runs, but blows a LOT of white smoke, but otherwise seems fully functional.

We're hoping something above will be a clue to someone. The fuel line was 1/4 inch standard fuel line. We have no clue where the other line goes to/from. It's not clear whether it's another fuel in, or not?

We spent nearly 5 hours on this, having the unit apart 4 times. Everything is tightened as best we could, but almost immediately after buttoning up, it's dripping. If we fire it up, it starts dripping profusely.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray