Thread: On The Road for Christmas

Threaded View

Ray,

Of all the things I do have going, that isn't one of them. I will get it rigged up in a couple of days and let you know.

We made it to Fort McDowell this afternoon and I have done nothing but work on crap all evening.

An intermittent clicking in the area above the driver's seat turned out to be a Xantech AC-1 relay that senses the plasma powering up and turns on the audio system. I got to trouble shoot this one going down I-10 while Rae was driving. Marathon's parts department is down due to inventory, so a quick Google search turned up the offending part for about half price.

So after checking into the RV park, I went out to unhook the Hummer and find a belt hanging out of the engine compartment. Opening the doors show not one but two belts off (one of the three going to the fan drive and one of the two going to AC compressor). But I think the resourceful Jack14R left me some spare belts, so that is tomorrow morning's task.

Then while I had Marathon's lone tech guy (what happens if this guy goes to take a crap and a snake bites him on the ass?) on the phone, I asked him about the ceiling accent light not working. I figured it was the bulb, but where is the unit? He says it is under the sink in the bathroom. So I go look and there is a panel under the sink and sure enough there the unit is. And since the fan runs, I pull the bulb out and it is bad, so another item to procure tomorrow.

So unless something else runs a wheel off, I may end up with a maintenance day tomorrow. Oh, I also kicked a hole in the Mickey Mouse plastic diffuser under the front Cruisair Saturday night, so I had ordered one of those on the leg to El Paso yesterday.
    Last edited by Jerry Winchester; 12-27-2007 at 08:51 PM.