We've had a problem with our aux air pump, the pump will not shut off. There is a little gray box with wires and hoses near the aux pump, if I flick it (sorry to be overly technical) the pump shuts off and then turns itself on as it always has, but again it won't shut off. Prior to the problem the pump would run for about 5 min every 3 hours or so.

I was running the pump by turning it on and off manualy during the day mainly because I thought that we had an air opperated toilet. On our way from LA to San Diego we stopped by California Coach, Steve has a very similar Marathon coach and I asked him about the problem, to my surprise Steve told me that his coach does not have an aux pump. Steve then confirmed that our toilet is electric, not air opperated.

I am going to have the pump repaired next week at Marathon, but I don't understand what the point of the pump is. The only thing inside the coach (to the best of my knowledge) that runs on air is the slide over the stairs, which we never use while we are parked. I understand the the aux air helps the coach stay level when parked. Our coach stays pretty level without the pump for about 4 days, which I think is normal.

Is there any harm to not running this pump and why was it running so much?

Thanks.

AJ