[QUOTE=Ray Davis;
There doesn't seem to be a RV or bus document (book whatever), which lists things like closed roads, rules for RV's etc.
Ray[/QUOTE]

Ray, good question and maybe one that someone needs to take on board and write that book! I did find this link that has basic information for each state:

http://www.rvadvice.com/rvtravel.html

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of each state page to find the RV road laws for that state. Here is what is listed for NY. Doesn't sound very helpful to me but it's a start!

RV Road Laws - 2007
Size Limitations: Height, 13'6"; Width, 8'6" (there are some exceptions or restrictions to this); Trailer length, 48'; Motorhome length, 45'; Combined length, 65'. Triple towing is not allowed.

Required Equipment: Safety chain, brakes on trailer over 1,000 pounds unladen, 3,000 pounds laden. Lights/wipers must be on during required conditions.

Riding is permitted in pickup camper and fifth wheels only. Overnight parking in state rest areas is "as posted".

Motorhomes and trailers are NOT permitted on the Taconic State Parkway. Trailers are not permitted on most parkways.

LP gas is prohibited between Manhattan and Jersey City in the Holland Tunnel. Between Manhattan and Fort Lee, New Jersey lower level of the George Washington Bridge (I-95 South) and the George Washington Bridge Expressway between Manhattan and Weehawken, New Jersey: Lincoln Tunnel. LP gas is prohibited between Manhattan and Brooklyn on the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel and between Manhattan and Queens on the Queens Midtown Tunnel.