grantracy,

I have had Coach-Net for the last seven years. Unfortunately, I have had to use them four times in that period including three times to tow the Prevost. I wish I had Jon's bus. While Jerry is correct, that Coach-Net doesn't know squat about a Prevost, I must give them credit for their expertise at dispatching tow trucks. I haven't called at the most convenient times - Sunday (twice), at 1:30 am (once), and a Friday night (for good measure). Each time I have been located 50 to 150 miles from civilization and each time they have sent the cavalry. Within a reasonable period of time and I have been towed to a repair shop that I agreed could do the repair. Best of all, they have not dropped me as a customer when the return on my membership has been a big negative for them. So for my vote, I would give Coach-Net two Aggies (thumbs up). For minor issues, I keep the numbers handy for Prevost (including cell phone numbers), Detroit, and Allison. These guys are very good at providing troubleshooting advice while on the road.

Loc