The house side electrical heart has been upgraded with Tesla Power!!!

Tesla Battery modules are attractive for reuse in solar or RV installations due to their energy density and cost.

You can get a recycled Tesla module for a bit more than the cost of a single BattleBorn battery and have more than four times the storage capacity.

To safely use and protect Tesla battery modules you need a BMS setup/configuration.

In my application I make use of the SimpBMS open source product/project and other components that I purchased from the British firm “Second life EV Batteries”.

Tesla doesn’t put a fully functional BMS on each module like you get with a BattleBorn battery.

This is because a typical model S or X Tesla has 16 modules, they use the approach of slave BMS’s with a master controller for the entire battery pack.

So, in short, every Tesla Battery module already comes with an integrated BMS module that is offline as it is waiting for a master controller to wake it up!!!

As you can see from my posted picture of this bay I have the following:

1. Two Tesla battery modules cased up and mounted
2. SimpBMS controller with display
3. Two solar charge controllers
4. 70AMP 24V to 12V DC-DC converter

Here's a picture of the touch display:

In the next bay on the other side of the adjoining wall:

I have my 6KW inverter that can surge to 18KW and another solar charge controller.

Current storage is 10.4KW of power, that is reduced to 8KW in the interest of battery life and safety while charging while at the upper end of the charge zone. (Solar charge controllers will over charge two Tesla modules if permitted, restriction goes away with more modules).

I can post more details on this setup if people are interested.